Fundraisers and the earth win when fundraising with reusable shopping bags!
Too many fundraisers have a single goal: to earn money. There’s nothing wrong with trying to raise money, but it’s important to think about the other effects of our fundraising efforts. There are many cute fundraising ideas out there, but you want to send the right message while raising money for your organization. If we tell our kids to avoid sweets and exercise more but then send them out to sell candy, what kind of message are they really getting?
With a reusable bag fundraiser, the message is a good one: We care about the earth and want to help preserve it.
How Reusable Shopping Bags Help the Environment
Plastic bags take up huge amounts of landfill space, and valuable, non-renewable resources are used up to manufacture them. There are vast islands of plastic floating in the ocean. Sea creatures like the albatross of Midway Atoll and the sperm whale found near Mykonos Island eat the plastic, which can result in sickness or even death.
People who use reusable grocery bags care enough about the environment to do what it takes to reduce the amount of plastic being put into landfills each year. They are often willing to pay more for a good, sturdy reusable bag that will not only last for years but also help raise money for an important cause.
There are many creative fundraiser ideas out there, but few of them can also be called eco-friendly. A tote bag fundraiser isn’t about just raising funds for your organization. Every reusable shopping bag sold can potentially replace hundreds or even thousands of plastic bags, depending on the durability of the bag.
Show Me the Money!
Saving the environment is great, but a fundraiser that doesn’t raise funds wastes time and money. With a 40-50% cut for the seller, a recycled bags fundraiser has the potential to turn a sizable profit. Here are some tips to make your fundraiser a resounding success:
- Pick the right style. What makes someone want to buy a bag? More often than not, it’s the way it looks! Fundraiser bags don’t have to be boring. Choose bags with colorful, fun, trendy designs to boost your sales.
- Don’t skimp on quality. People have been using reusable bags long enough to know that lightweight economy bags just don’t last. No one wants to spend their hard-earned money on a tote that will fall apart in a few weeks. Get a sample before you order and make sure the bag is durable enough to hold up through several dozen grocery runs.
- Put your name on it. Not every bag fundraiser should feature custom bags, but sometimes it makes sense. It you are green fundraising for the high school football team, your fans want to show their support. Put the team’s name and logo on the bag so the community can show their school pride.
- Put their name on it. Personalization is also an option with some reusable bag fundraisers. Having the customer’s name or initials monogrammed or printed on the bag makes it special to them and is a great way to add a few bucks to the sale for you.
As you can see, reusable shopping bag fundraisers are good for both the environment and your bottom line. If you truly care about more than the money, consider reusable grocery bags for your next fundraiser. The environment will thank you, and so will your organization’s bank account!
Eco-Fundraising: One of Many Cute Fundraising Ideas Great for Schools and Churches!
Be the first on your block to hold an eco-friendly reusable grocery bag fundraiser for your school, church, or organization! Buy custom, reusable totes and bags wholesale from RTB and take advantage of the best among creative fundraiser ideas: Holding an eco-friendly grocery bag fundraiser will be an instant hit with your organization!
Everyone is “going green” and realizing the importance of doing what is best for our planet. That’s why a new and exciting grocery bag fundraiser from ReuseThisBag.com will boost your school, church, or nonprofit organization’s fundraising to a whole new level.
Meet your profit goals with a grocery bag fundraiser!
- 100 members selling a one-color imprinted grocery bag
- Each member sells 50 bags @ $4 each = $200 collected per member
- 100 members x 50 bags = 5,000 bags
- 5,000 bags x 4 each = $20,000 collected
- 5,000 bags @ $ .99 each = $4,950 (bag cost)
- $20,000 collected - $4,950 bag cost = $15,050 profit!
Give us a call or fill out the online form below and one of our fundraising specialists will give you a call with details!
Minimum Order: 500 Pieces for Fundraisers